Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Have you tried Zumba Toning yet?

While I do a lot of toning exercises/steps in my regular Zumba® classes, I felt like I wanted to push my body a bit further and add that extra boost to my workouts.  So when I learned about Zumba® Toning last year, I decided to get certified and add a separate toning class to my schedule.  It soon became one of our most popular classes and my students' favorite.

When it comes to body sculpting, Zumba® Toning raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs and thighs. Zumba Toning is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast.
These are the toning sticks!  The yellow ones on the left weigh 1.5 lb each.  These are the ones we work out with in class.  Some of my students have recently started using heavier, 2.5 lb toning sticks (on the right) to add an extra boost.  Give it a try and see what works best for you!

Zumba Toning classes:
WED @ FUEGO at 5:30 pm
SAT @ TLC Dance @ 9 am (will be switching to Monday nights in June).

No comments:

Post a Comment